Casa Linda Estates

The neighborhood features half acre and larger, tree-lined estates along winding roads. Residents are in close proximity to White Rock Lake, the Bath House Cultural Center, the Dallas Arboretum, and the historic Casa Linda Shopping Center.

The area was known as Ola and Reinhardt prior to redevelopment as Casa Linda. Dallas annexed Reinhardt in 1948.[2
The area was effectively built out by the late 1950s by land owner, Carl Martin Brown and his oldest son, Howard D.Brown. They turned their family farm into homes called Casa Linda Estates and a shopping center called Casa Linda Plaza, though a few vacant lots remained until the early 1960s for future homes and the last store to be built in Casa Linda Plaza was built in 1971.. The architectural styles of the homes vary, and some excellent examples of Spanish Colonial Revival Style architecture can be found in the area and also the shopping Center. Howard D. Brown loved the Spanish language and named all the streets using Spanish words. The area is heavily treed, and most homes display well-kept and in some cases elaborate landscaping, many have servants quarters built in the back of the property that today can be used for rentals or guest accommodations. The Brown Family created a place where all items for your every day needs could be purchased in Casa Linda Plaza with schools and Fire House near by. The Brown Family owned the shopping center till Mr Howard D. Brown decided to sell in the late 1970s due to ill health. His daughter, Beverly Brown Heart, was a homebuilder in Dallas, Richarson, Garland and Rockwall Texas, continuing till the mid 1980′s the family tradition of building.

An independently owned and operated member of The Dave Perry-Miller & Associates Real Estate Group Privacy Policy